Python was created by Guido van Rossum, and released in 1991.
It is a general-purpose computer programming language. It is a high-level, object-oriented language which can run equally on different platforms such as Windows, Linux, UNIX, and Macintosh. It is widely used in data science, machine learning and artificial intelligence domain.
It is easy to learn and require less code to develop the applications.
It is widely used for:
- Web development (server-side).
- Software development.
- System scripting.
- Python is compatible with different platforms like Windows, Mac, Linux, Raspberry Pi, etc.
- Python has a simple syntax as compared to other languages.
- Python allows a developer to write programs with fewer lines than some other programming languages.
- Python runs on an interpreter system, means that the code can be executed as soon as it is written. It helps to provide a
- prototype very quickly.
- Python can be described as a procedural way, an object-orientated way or a functional way.