It is used in following type of websites
- Corporate web portals
- Online media websites
- NGO Websites
- Personal pages
- Social Media portals
- Provide limited options
- Plugin compatibility may cause an issue.
- Its websites are heavy
- Limited server resources and efficiency
Get the URL for the page you want to link to. Then make a link using any editor or with HTML if you dont have WYSIWYG(Editor).
By default, Joomla have 65 tables.
We will choose the global information option.
Extension manager extends the functionality of a Joomla website.
Loader.php file is loaded by index.php for providing menu bar.
- Remote Procedure Calls
- XML-RPC services
When you install Joomla, it has a menu link to the frontpage component which is by default the homepage of a site.
A favicon is an icon associated with a particular website, generally displayed in the address bar of the browser. You can change, manage and upload a new favicon by accessing global configuration site tab.
Joomla is an open source Content Management System (CMS) written in PHP. It is a very popular CMS along with WordPress and Drupal. It facilitates users to develop online applications and websites. Joomla is built on model-view-controller (MVC) web application framework.
For this you have to a parameter setting in the front page component:
- Log in to the administrative backend.
- From the top menu select mainmenu under Menu option. Click Home.
- On the right side, select Hide under the Page Title parameter.
Joomla template displays pages in a specific format. It divides the pages into a number of modules like nav, header, footer, top, bottom, module, etc. This is known as position.
You can use a link type separator/placeholder to create a menu link that is not clickable (doesn’t connect to anything).
In Joomla CMS, database settings are stored in the root directory under configuration.php.
Despite of the fact that Joomla is intended for web applications but we can also control some desktop applications. Joomla server can communicate with desktop applications by following some standard protocols.
This module displays the user’s information that is accessing the web site.
Joomla have prefix like jos_.
A Mambot is a small, task-oriented function, mini program or plugin. It is used to modify content before display, extend site search, add core functionality etc. Mambots are renamed plugins in Joomla 1.5.
Components can be known as the main elements of Joomla’s functionality. The core elements are:
- news feeds
- web link
Joomla framework has some very useful and advanced features that facilitate developers to build some specific applications and websites very easily and quickly. These are:
- Inventory control systems
- Data reporting tools
- Application bridges
- Custom product catalogs
- Integrated e-commerce systems
- Complex business directories
- Reservation systems
- Communication tools
Joomla supports all types and size of websites.
- Business web sites
- Online newspapers, magazines, etc
- Non-profit and organizational web sites
- Corporate web sites
- Government web sites
- Family or personnel websites
- Community based portal
Breadcrumb displays hierarchical representation with click able links for the users to determine where they are in the web site and allow them to navigate back.
Modules are the items which can be shown anywhere through the module manager in the administrative interface. They are used to extend the capability of Joomla by adding new functionalities to the software. Modules are installed in the admin section.
A Joomla module may include:
- Main menu
- Top menu
- Template chooser
- Hit counters etc.
Mambots can be divided into 5 types/categories that are displayed by filtering in the filter field:
Below files are necessary files to build a component in Joomla:
On admin side,
On front side,
Yes Joomla can also be used as a blogging platform. But other CMS should be preferred over Joomla for blogging purpose.
Joomla, Drupal and WordPress all are content management systems written in PHP. Let’s check the difference among them.
- It is best for beginners.
- Easy to use.
- It works well for small to medium sized websites & blogs.
- Provides a lot of themes, plugins and widgets.
- It is good for E-commerce type of sites, but requires at least some level of technical coding.
- It is user-friendly but more complex site development option.
- It is the most difficult one, but also the most powerful CMS.
- It requires some expertise and experience to operate.
- It is used to develop most advanced websites.
It is a short description of the page in an optional paragraph which is displayed in the results of search engines.
Content items can be defined as the HTML pages which are created and managed by the admin. Joomla has various categories of content items like X-category has 0 or more content pages. We can further classify categories in sections as one category has 0 more sections.
Following are the main advantages of using Joomla:
- Joomla is open source and absolutely free to use.
- It provides a lot of free components are available in extensions.joomla.org/
- It has inbuilt permission and user role.
- One click updation.
- Provide simple, elegant and user-friendly templates free to use.
No. content items can’t be assigned to multiple categories or sections.
Joomla supports MySQL database.
The page link will be as “https//..” when you set the SSL enabled option is set to on.