DELETE command: DELETE command is used to delete rows from a table based on the condition that we provide in a WHERE clause.
- DELETE command delete only those rows which are specified with the WHERE clause.
- DELETE command can be rolled back.
- DELETE command maintain a log, that’s why it is slow.
- DELETE use row lock while performing DELETE function.
TRUNCATE command: TRUNCATE command is used to remove all rows (complete data) from a table. It is similar to the DELETE command with no WHERE clause.
- The TRUNCATE command removes all the rows from the table.
- The TRUNCATE command cannot be rolled back.
- The TRUNCATE command doesn’t maintain a log. That’s why it is fast.
- TRUNCATE use table log while performing the TRUNCATE function.