ASP.NET provides services to allow the creation, deployment, and execution of Web Applications and Web Services like ASP. ASP.NET is a server-side technology. Web applications are built using Web Forms. ASP.NET comes with built-in Web Form controls, which are responsible for generating the user interface. They mirror typical HTML widgets such as text boxes or buttons. If these controls do not fit your needs, you are free to create your own user controls.
Advantages of ASP.NET,
- Separation of Code from HTML
- Support for compiled languages
- Use services provided by the .NET Framework
- Graphical Development Environment
- Update files while the server is running
- XML-Based Configuration Files