The Applications of the queue is given as follows:
- Queues are widely used as waiting lists for a single shared resource like a printer, disk, CPU.
- Queues are used in the asynchronous transfer of data (where data is not being transferred at the same rate between two processes) for eg. pipes, file IO, sockets.
- Queues are used as buffers in most of the applications like MP3 media player, CD player, etc.
- Queues are used to maintain the playlist in media players to add and remove the songs from the play-list.
- Queues are used in operating systems for handling interrupts.