DML stands for Data Manipulation Statements. They update data values in table. Below are the most important DDL statements:-
- SELECT – gets data from a database table
- UPDATE – updates data in a table
- DELETE – deletes data from a database table
- INSERT INTO – inserts new data into a database table
DDL stands for Data definition Language. They change structure of the database objects like table, index etc. Most important DDL statements are as shown below:-
- CREATE TABLE – creates a new table in the database.
- ALTER TABLE – changes table structure in database.
- DROP TABLE – deletes a table from database
- CREATE INDEX – creates an index
- DROP INDEX – deletes an index