There are many ways to test the login feature of a web application:
- Sign in with valid login, Close browser and reopen and see whether you are still logged in or not.
- Sign in, then log out and then go back to the login page to see if you are truly logged out.
- Log in, then go back to the same page, do you see the login screen again?
- Session management is important. You must focus on how do we keep track of logged in users, is it via cookies or web sessions?
- Sign in from one browser, open another browser to see if you need to sign in again?
- Log in, change the password, and then log out, then see if you can log in again with the old password.